Welcome to Our Famous Quotes Page!
Underneath all is the land! -N.A.R. Code of Ethics
Quote of the Week:
“Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder ...” - Henry David Thoreau
Here are some of our basic documents of freedom for your easy reference.
Declaration of Independence (Here)
Constitution of the United States of America (Here)
Amendments to the Constitution including the Bill of Rights (first ten)(Here)
Abraham Lincoln Gettysburg Address (Here)
Abraham Lincoln - Mrs. Bixby's Letter (Here)
The Star Spangled Banner (Here)
The Star Spangled Banner (2) (Here)
God Bless America (Here)
Battle Hymn of the Republic (Here)
To Believe (Here)
Today marks the 70th anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, a day that like September 11th "will live in infamy." It is hard to forget that on December 7, 1941, Japanese planes attacked the United States Naval Base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii Territory, killing more than 2,300 Americans, destroying or damaging more than twenty ships and 300 aircraft.
0. 'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.'-- Theodore Roosevelt on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN -- 1907.
1. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift.
That is why we call it the present!
2. "When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so
regretfully at the closed door, that we do not see the one that has opened
for us." - Alexander Graham Bell
3. "When the government fears the people that is liberty.
When the people fear the government that is tyranny." -Thomas Jefferson
4. "No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the Legislature is in session." Judge Gideon J. Tucker
Judge Tucker was writing about the New York Legislature of the 1800's.
5. "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
6. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." -Eleanor Roosevelt
7. " Consciously or unconsciously we all strive to make the kind of a world we like." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
8. "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sales. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain
9. "Excellence is not Perfection!" - Unknown
10. "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the
moments that take our breath away." -I don't know the author. If you do, email us!
11. An Irish Wish:
May there always be work for your hands to do;
May your purse always hold a coin or two;
May the sun always shine on your windowpane;
May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain;
May the hand of a friend always be near you;
May God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.
12. "Always keep your words soft and sweet----- Just in case you have to eat them !"
13."I distrust a close-mouthed man. He generally picks the wrong time to talk and says the wrong things. Talking's something you can't do judiciously, unless you keep in practice. Now, sir, we'll talk if you like. I'll tell you right out, I'm a man who likes talking to a man who likes to talk." -Sidney Greenstreet, The Maltese Falcon
14. Arthur's Laws of Love: (1) People to whom you are attracted invariably think you remind them of someone else. (2) The love letter you finally got the courage to send will be delayed in the mail long enough for you to make a fool of yourself in person.
15. ''Recession is when your neighbor loses his job. Depression is when you lose yours. Recovery is when Carter loses his.'' -- Ronald Reagan, 1980 Presidential campaign
16. ''Honey, I forgot to duck.'' -- Reagan to Nancy after the assassination attempt (1981)
17. "I know in my heart that man is good that what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life." Inscription of a Ronald Regan Quote
18. Man who says it can not be done should get out of the way of the man doing it! - Old Chinese Proverb
19. "Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged." - President Abraham Lincoln
20. "Life is a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once." - Unknown
21. The next time you're about to lose your temper and breathe fire, remember:
"The Dragon always loses, and the slayer always becomes the hero!"
22.“You ask, What is our policy? I will say: It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us….This is our policy. You ask, What is our aim? I can answer with one word: Victory – victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival.” Winston Churchill in his first speech as prime minister before the House of Commons on May 13, 1940. Still true today!!!
23. Sometimes one smile means more than a dozen roses. Dove Dark Chocolate Candies.
24."When you get in a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and the time that the tide will turn"
-Harriet Beecher Stowe
25."...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." -- Theodore Roosevelt on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN -- 1907.
26."Aim for success not perfection... Remember that fear always lurks behind perfectionism. Confronting your fears and allowing yourself the right to be human can, paradoxically, make you a far happier and more productive person." - Dr. David Burns
27. "Although I may disagree with you, I will forever defend your right to your opinion." George Santy, RIAOC President 1987. George symbolized what RIAOC stands for, "Success Through Cooperation"!
28. "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem." - Ronald Reagan
29. "Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."-unknown
30. "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ anonymous
31. "I'm so glad I found you. If I had my life to live over again, next time, I'd find you sooner so I could love you longer." Hallmark
32. "A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart." ~Author Unknown
33. 21 Rules to live by: ONE. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
TWO. Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.
THREE. Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.
FOUR. When you say, 'I love you,' mean it.
FIVE. When you say, 'I'm sorry,' look the person in the eye.
SIX. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
SEVEN. Believe in love at first sight.
EIGHT. Never laugh at anyone's dream. People who don't have dreams don't have much.
NINE. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.
TEN. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
ELEVEN. Don't judge people by their relatives.
TWELVE. Talk slowly but think quickly.
THIRTEEN. When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile and ask, 'Why do you want to know?'
FOURTEEN. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
FIFTEEN. Say 'God bless you' when you hear someone sneeze.
SIXTEEN. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
SEVENTEEN. Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.
EIGHTEEN. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
NINETEEN. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
TWENTY. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
TWENTY-ONE. Spend some time alone.
34. Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: 'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered...'
35. "Error of Opinion may be tolerated where Reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
36. 'If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.' -Mark Twain
37. "When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us." - Alexander Graham Bell
38. “True love is the soul's recognition of its counterpart in another” – Aimz
39. "True love is the soul's recognition of its counterpoint in another." Author: Owen Wilson in The Wedding Crashers
40. Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.- George Washington
41. You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.
- Christopher Columbus
42. "Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...its about learning how to dance in the rain." - Unknown
43. “History moves toward freedom because the desire for freedom is written in every human heart.” George W. Bush
44. “Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom.” Albert Einstein
45. "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
46. “The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.” - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)
47. "The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself ." - BENJAMIN FRANKLIN.
48. "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." C. S. Lewis
49. "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with the important matters." ~ Albert Einstein
50. "I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." - Will Rogers
51. "We've left our future largely in the hands of people whose single greatest characteristic is that they are bewildered by the present." -Joshua Cooper Ramo
52. “Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success” ~ Henry Ford
53. "He who will not economize will have to agonize." ~Confucius
54. "Wisdom is knowing the right path to take... integrity is taking it."~ M. Hl. McKee
55. “Wisdom is knowing what to do next, skill is knowing how to do it, and virtue is doing it.“ ~David Starr Jordan
56. "The power to tax is the power to destroy."~ Daniel Webster
57. "Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you." - Princess Diana
58. "God give me work, till my life shall end. And life, till my work is done.” - Winifred Holtby
59.“There are hundreds of languages in the world, but a smile speaks them all.” - Anonymous
60. “There are hundreds of languages in the world, but a smile speaks them all.” – Anonymous
61."Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggie' until you can find a rock." - Will Rogers
62.“As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into." - ?
63."The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." - George Bernard Shaw
64." You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence. You cannot help people permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves. "
That kind of thinking can cause Civil War. Thoughts on Prosperity - Abraham Lincoln
65.“Some people dream of success... while others wake up and work hard at it.” ~Author Unknown
66."Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."
67.“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around”. - Leo Buscaglia
68.“Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder ...” - Henry David Thoreau
69.“The budget must be balanced, the treasury must be refilled, public debt must be reduced, the arrogance of officaldom must be tempered & controlled, and assistance to foreign lands must be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.” Cicero, 55 BC in Roman …Senate
70.“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it” -Thomas Jefferson
71.“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.” John Adams,1770
72.“Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy,its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.”-Winston Churchill
73.“INEPTOCRACY”-This word means a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. The occupy protesters are part of the ineptocracy movement.
74."You cannot live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you." -John Wooden, Legendary Basketball Coach
75."Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory." - George A. Patton
76."The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." William Arthur Ward
77."Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne
78."Life is not the way it's supposed to be; it's the way it is. The way
we cope with it is what makes the difference.... " - Unknown
79.“May you always have walls for the winds, a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire, laughter to cheer you, those you love near you and all your heart might desire.” ~ Irish Blessing
80."It's not what we eat but what we digest that makes us strong; not what we gain but what we save that makes us rich; not what we read but what we remember that makes us learned; and not what we profess but what we practice that gives us integrity." Philosopher, Francis Bacon
81."To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity." -Donald A. Adams
82."True discovery consists not in finding new landscapes, but in seeing the same landscape with new eyes." - 20th Century Novelist, Marcel Proust
83."The more a man knows, the more he forgives."-Empress Catherine the Great, Catherine II of Russia
84.“I like to praise and reward loudly, to blame quietly.” - Empress Catherine the Great
85.“Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.” ― George Washington
Ronald Wilson Reagan
February 6, 1911 - June 5, 2004
40th President of the United States
"I KNOW IN MY HEART THAT MAN IS GOOD
THAT WHAT IS RIGHT WILL ALWAYS EVENTUALLY TRIUMPH
AND THERE IS PURPOSE AND WORTH TO EACH AND EVERY LIFE"
''Government is not the solution to our problems.
February 6,1911 - June 5, 2004
Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall! (Full Speech)
Here are some of Ronald Reagan's Quotes:
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
1. “Socialism only works in two places: Heaven where they don't need it and hell where they already have it.”
2. “'Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose.”
3. “The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.”
4. “The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
5. “Of the four wars in my lifetime none came about because the U.S. was too strong.”
6. "I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandment's would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress."
7. "The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination."
8. "Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."
9. "If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under."
10. "The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program"
11. "I've laid down the law, though, to everyone from now on about anything that happens: no matter what time it is, wake me, even if it's in the middle of a Cabinet meeting."
12. "It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."
13. "Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
14. "Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book."
15. "No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.- Ronald Reagan
16. "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world.
But, the Marines don't have that problem."
17. "I believe this blessed land was set apart in a very special way, a country created by men and women who came here not in search of gold but in search of God. They would be free people, living under the law, with faith in their Maker and their future."
-- Ronald Reagan, National Prayer Breakfast, February 4, 1982
18. "In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." When the economy needed help, Reagan trusted the American people. He said, "In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." Rolling out his trillion-dollar stimulus plan 28 years later, Barack Obama declared, "It is only government that can break the vicious cycle."
19. When it came to dealing with tyrannical regimes overseas, Reagan was not afraid to speak truth to power and to call something "evil" when he saw it. He had a simple philosophy: "We win, they lose." Today, we have a president who is uncomfortable with the concept of victory.
20. “Somewhere in our growing up we began to be aware of the meaning of days and with that awareness, came the birth of patriotism. July Fourth is the birthday of our nation. I believed as a boy, and believe even more today, that it is the birthday of the greatest nation on earth.” Ronald Reagan
21. “My friends, history is clear: Lower tax rates mean greater freedom, and whenever we lower the tax rates, our entire nation is better off.” 10/03/1985,Remarks to Business Leaders
22. “There is no limit to what a man can do if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit.”