Ronald Wilson Reagan
February 6, 1911 - June 5, 2004
40th President of the United States
"I KNOW IN MY HEART THAT MAN IS GOOD THAT WHAT IS RIGHT WILL
ALWAYS EVENTUALLY TRIUMPH AND THERE IS PURPOSE AND WORTH TO EACH AND EVERY LIFE"
''Government is not the solution to our problems.
February 6,1911 - June 5, 2004
Click here to watch the Reagan Centennial Video
What the Fourth of July Means to Me - Ronald Reagan
Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall! (Full Speech)
Ronald Reagan on the separation of church and state. (Here)
Here are some of Ronald Reagan's Quotes:
1. “Socialism only works in two places: Heaven where they don't need it and hell where they already have it.”
2. “'Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose.”
3. “The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.”
4. “The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
5. “Of the four wars in my lifetime none came about because the U.S. was too strong.”
6. "I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandment's would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress."
7. "The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination."
8. "Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."
9. "If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under."
10. "The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program"
11. "I've laid down the law, though, to everyone from now on about anything that happens: no matter what time it is, wake me, even if it's in the middle of a Cabinet meeting."
12. "It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."
13. "Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
14. "Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book."
15. "No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.- Ronald Reagan
16. "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world.
But, the Marines don't have that problem."
17. "I believe this blessed land was set apart in a very special way, a country created by men and women who came here not in search of gold but in search of God. They would be free people, living under the law, with faith in their Maker and their future."
-- Ronald Reagan, National Prayer Breakfast, February 4, 1982
18. "In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." When the economy needed help, Reagan trusted the American people. He said, "In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." Rolling out his trillion-dollar stimulus plan 28 years later, Barack Obama declared, "It is only government that can break the vicious cycle."
19. When it came to dealing with tyrannical regimes overseas, Reagan was not afraid to speak truth to power and to call something "evil" when he saw it. He had a simple philosophy: "We win, they lose." Today, we have a president who is uncomfortable with the concept of victory.
20. “Somewhere in our growing up we began to be aware of the meaning of days and with that awareness, came the birth of patriotism. July Fourth is the birthday of our nation. I believed as a boy, and believe even more today, that it is the birthday of the greatest nation on earth.”
21. “My friends, history is clear: Lower tax rates mean greater freedom, and whenever we lower the tax rates, our entire nation is better off.” 10/03/1985,Remarks to Business Leaders
22. “There is no limit to what a man can do if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit.”
23. “Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.”
24 a. “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.”
24 b. “Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction.”
25. “Approximately 80% of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let’s not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources. “
26. "Our Constitution is to be celebrated not for being old, but for being young."
27. "America is too great for small dreams."
28. "The one thing our Founding Fathers could not foresee...was a nation governed by professional politicians who had a vested interest in getting reelected."
29. "Every time the government is forced to act, we lose something in self-reliance, character, and initiative."//